Working Towards A More Sustainable Future At Our Upstate Hotel
At The Statler Hotel
, we believe we all have a part to play in sustainability both on and around the Cornell
Working with the university's Office of Environmental Compliance and Sustainability, the staff at the Statler is
dedicated to preserving the Big Red campus and Planet Earth as places where all generations can prosper.
Through a diversity of Green initiatives - including recycling, composting, and water and energy conservation --
we are able to meet present needs while preserving the natural resources of Upstate New York.
- Comprehensive recycling program, including cardboard, glass, tin, plastic containers, bulk metals and paper products of all kinds
- Linen reuse, by allowing guests the option of reusing bed linens and towels, we are able to reduce energy, water, and detergent used in our laundry department
- Water conservation, including infra-red, motion-sensor, auto-water valves in all public restrooms and sinks
- Energy conservation, by employing timers and sensors for lighting fixtures in locations such as closets and mechanical rooms
- Food composting, over 600 gallons of food waste are sent to Farm Services every week
- Hazardous material disposal program, including cooking greases, fluorescent and mercury light bulbs, outdated chemicals, computer equipment, refrigerants, lead acid, and nickel cadmium, lithium oxide, and mercury batteries
A Commitment To Environmental Concerns At Our Upstate New York Hotel
Experience "A Little More, A Little Better Service" at The Statler Hotel. Tucked into Cornell University's vibrant Upstate New York campus,
overlooking downtown Ithaca and Cayuga Lake, we blend contemporary style with a grand tradition of hospitality.
Book reservations at our Upstate hotel online today for exceptional rates.